Information we collect and how we use it
We offer several services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. To provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a Heather B. Moore account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, phone number, birth date, and an account password). For certain services, such as our advertising programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. For certain services, we may allow you to opt-out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you access the Heather B. Moore site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send an email or other communications to Heather B. Moore, we may retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of Google or our users; and
- Developing new services.
Heather B. Moore processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent before such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Heather B. Moore features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Heather B. Moore may not be able to provide those services to you.
Heather B. Moore only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Heather B. Moore in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Heather B. Moore, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Heather B. Moore employees who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the Heather B. Moore site, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Heather B. Moore's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Heather B. Moore and an individual.